Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Need More Information?

The release of new maps often results in many questions. Here are some potential resources for more information: 

How Do I Find My Property on the Existing or New Preliminary Flood Maps? – Current and preliminary flood maps can be found using the El Paso Map Change Viewer. Easy-to-follow instructions for using the viewer can be found here, and detailed instructions can be found in the El Paso Map Change Viewer Fact Sheet.


How Do the Preliminary Flood Maps Affect New Construction? – For unincorporated El Paso County, contact the Planning and Development Department at (915) 546-2015. For the City of El Paso, contact the Building and Development Permitting Division at (915) 212-1598. [feel free to put specific contact info here in place of the above]


How Do the Preliminary Flood Maps Affect My Flood Insurance Requirement and Cost? – Contact your insurance agent and visit You can also review these fact sheets:


How Do I Find Out More about Flood Insurance? – Contact your insurance agent and visit You can review the information in the following fact sheets:

Another resource to answer questions about flood mapping and flood insurance requirements is the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) Customer Care Center. They can be reached at (877) FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time.

For information within the City of El Paso limits, click here.

For information within other municipalities, please contact the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment